Date and time: Sunday, 15 March 2015
Parade: 10am – 11.30am*
Family Celebrations: 11.30am – 5pm*
Leederville will go green for the day and feature a spectacular parade that will highlight many local businesses, schools, organisations and Irish culture and heritage in Perth and WA.
- The Parade will commence at 10am at the Water Corporation Car Park; proceed down Newcastle Street; turn right onto Oxford Street; turn right onto Vincent Street and finish in the Medibank Stadium, Leederville.
- There will be a dedicated float decant area that will be located in a section of the Medibank Stadium car park to allow floats to deconstruct. The Opening Ceremony will commence at 12.30pm* and will be followed by a Carnival featuring an action packed family fun day.
- The main stage in the Medibank Stadium will feature bands, musicians and dancers from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- There will be a large children’s area with a number of activities, fun races, tug of war, sporting exhibitions and Gaelic games that will provide entertainment for all the family.
- Parents can relax in the Sunday Times Family Zone with a coffee and copy of the Sunday Times to read
- A bar area for the over 18’s where ice cold Guinness will be served
- The Carnival which takes place in the Medibank Stadium after the Parade will feature stalls showing the best of Irish and local produce and various Irish community groups that will create a family friendly atmosphere.
- Family events will finish at 5pm.
(*Times may vary)